Anxiety is very common in today’s day-to-day lives. Lack of trust in relationships, competition to get ahead of others, and insecurity are all the causes of anxiety. In 2016, Alia Bhatt had a film, ‘Dear Zindagi.’ In this film, Alia played the character of a girl who worries about small things and makes wrong decisions due to that concern. Anxiety is just like this; people start making wrong decisions due to anxiety issues.
Statistics Of Anxiety In India:
- In the metros of India, 15.20% of people have anxiety, and 15.17% of people suffer from depression.
- About 50% of the people in metros are unable to complete their sleep.
- According to research, insomnia is the cause of about 86% of diseases, of which depression and anxiety are the most prominent.
- About 18% of youth in developed countries are victims of anxiety.
- Women are 60% more likely to be vulnerable to it.
- According to a research, 8% of adolescents suffer from anxiety, of which very few receive mental health care.
- Worry unnecessarily
- Afraid to go in front of people
- Afraid to talk to people
- Fear of going to the lift
Everyone is worried, so it is really difficult to tell when to recognize it as a disease. But if a particular concern persists for a very long time and it affects your work or life, then it is really dangerous. You should consult a mental health specialist immediately.
Types of Anxiety Disorders:
Generalized Anxiety Disorders:
People suffering from this disorder have a lot of nervousness and anxiety during various situations and events. Many times they are unable to control their discomfort. This condition starts to deteriorate so much that the person thinks that he/she is probably going to have a heart attack or he/she is going to die. This condition of the patient is not necessary at any particular time or situation. This can happen without any reason.
Obsessive Anxiety Disorders
People suffering from this disorder constantly have thoughts that increase their discomfort. They keep repeating the same kind of action to get relief from this situation. For example, if he finds that his hands have become dirty by touching someone, then he will continue to wash his hands or household utensils.
How To Treat Anxiety?
This problem can be overcome. But the severity of this problem should not be underestimated. If you or someone you know is suffering from any of these symptoms, it is best that you seek the help of a professional doctor for advice and treatment. Engagement can be treated very easily with the use of drugs, counseling, or a combination of both.
So, we have covered what is anxiety to the ways to treat anxiety. It has become a very common problem in these times, so make sure you overcome it with these tips.