Most Common Causes Of Stress: A Detailed Guide
Did your partner dump you or your boss yelled at you for not completing a task on time? No need to worry because stress is quite normal to have and there are several causes of stress.
It is significantly taxing for a person to have too much stress hovering around. Stress is known to work in your favor often too. It does make a person more optimistic at times. For example, good stress can pave the way for you to earn that much-needed promotion in the office.
But, bad stress is treacherous and it is hence necessary that a person identifies the areas causing stress for working on them.
Let us have a look at some of the most common causes of stress in our day to day lives.
Causes Of Work Stress
In numerous surveys done across various countries, it has been found out that about 40 percent of workers have admitted that they are very much stressed about their work.
Around a quarter of workers have admitted that work stress is their biggest source of stress.
Some common causes of stress due to work are:
- Being melancholic about your job. Sometimes we fail to fathom the broader context of such things.
- Taxing workload and overload of responsibilities. Taxing workload has been a major issue for working individuals and it must be eliminated.
- Working overtime is one of the most common causes of stress.
- Mismanagement, hazy expectations of your work, or indecision in plenty.
- Perilous working conditions
- Insecurity about advancement chances and termination risks.
- Stage fear especially if asked to give a speech among colleagues.
- Facing a lot of discrimination or harassment at work bound to happen especially if the company does not support you.
Life stress is precarious, as it drains the life out of you. It is quite common to experience life stress and every adult must have faced some sort of life stress in their daily lives.
Learning more about the causes of stress in this category is paramount as it will aid you in understanding your mechanism more. Hence, it is easier for you to solve problems in the future.
Life stress due to certain circumstances is beneficial for people as it teaches them how to handle such problems in the future and it makes a person mentally, physically and emotionally tougher
Let us have a look at some of the most common causes of stress due to certain circumstances in life:
- The death of a beloved one.
- The prospect of a divorce or an actual one.
- Losing a job that was the bread and butter for you and your family.
- Financial instability.
- Getting married which you feel was not right and hastened at that particular time in your life.
- Having to move to a new home where you find it quite hard to adjust and stress much about it.
- Chronic illness or injury that remains ingrained in your mind.
- Emotional problems and dealing with them all the time-
The causes of stress under this category mainly come from depression, low self-esteem, anxiety, melancholy, anger, guilt, and regret.
- Taking care of an old aged person or a sick family member.
- A traumatic event in the past including a natural disaster, rape, theft, violence against your beloved ones or you.
All of these causes of stress and almost everyone around us is affected. It has its benefits if they are dealt with quickly in the broader context of life.